Business in the children’s field
Business for children as a promising field of activity
Children, as a constantly developing and growing element of society, receive increased attention from adults. Expenses for a child make up a significant part of the family’s budget – money is invested in upbringing, entertainment, education, and meeting priority needs. This created excellent conditions for organizing your business. In addition, the industry is constantly being replenished with new business ideas related to children, most of which will not require serious capital investments at the start.
When thinking about the direction in which activities should be developed, pay attention to several important factors:
- Business for children is notable for its unevenness. This is based on the age characteristics of the target audience. The needs and orientations of the child differ at each stage of his development.
- Involving children in a business usually has a positive effect on its profitability. By engaging your target audience in your project, you can better understand the needs of the growing generation.
- If you decide to adopt a business idea from the Western market, then you should take into account the realities of our state. Blind copying can lead to the collapse of a business at its inception.
There are three main areas in this industry:
- life support – clothing, food, medicine, supervision;
- development – games, literature, consultations and sections;
- entertainment – toys, books, travel, hobbies.
These components can overlap to a greater or lesser extent, and in order to increase recognition and demand for your business product, you need to find a healthy balance between them.
Possible directions of business development
It is customary to classify various business ideas for children by age groups – each case has its own tasks and there are certain needs. But there are also universal directions that are not focused on a specific age. Below is the classic age periodization of Elkonin.
Business for babies
Children under 1-year-old are considered here. This category has minimal independence and develops with the direct participation of adults. Therefore, such a business should be built taking into account the fact that communication and sale of the product will be carried out through moms and dads. Examples of ideas:
- organic baby food with delivery or made directly at the client’s home;
- reusable diapers – one of the fresh foreign ideas;
- sewing children’s clothing and footwear;
- sale of toys for babies.
Business for early childhood
Age – up to 3 years. During this period, children actively learn about the world, begin to play with objects, and develop communication skills. Optimal business options for this category:
- private nursery, babysitting services;
- a joint leisure center for parents and children;
- master classes, trainings that contribute to the development of the child.
Category – up to 7 years old. Most children at this age begin to take an interest in role-playing games, strive to actively communicate with their peers. The period of preparation for school also begins. Key ideas:
- Small houses. The bottom line is the manufacture and implementation of houses in the growth of the child. Small models can be installed in an apartment, and larger options are suitable for placement in the private sector or in a summer cottage.
- Preparation and testing of preschoolers. On the eve of a child’s transition to first grade, many parents are interested in their children’s readiness for school.
- Salon. Some children at this age are naughty when going to the hairdresser or are distracted and cannot sit in one place for a long time. In a specialized institution, most of the difficulties can be solved.
- Children’s playroom. There are many options here: from a room based on a hypermarket or a cafe so that adults can calmly go about their business or relax, to a large playroom in specialized entertainment centers.
Business for primary school age
In addition to directions in the field of entertainment for children under 11 years old, education is also relevant. At this age, it is important to develop self-control and perseverance, get used to order and discipline, and define interests.
Among the most profitable business ideas:
- teaching a foreign language;
- interest sections;
- rental of electric cars, gyroboards, etc.
Business for teenage children
Age category – up to 15 years old. Such children tend to be more independent and adults. Main directions of activity:
- team games and quests (sports, detective, economic, etc.);
- hobby club (tourism, science, ecology);
- an incubator is a place where teenagers gather, generate and implement ideas for various purposes (earn pocket money, help someone, create something, etc.).
Business for senior school children
This category is represented by children under 17 years of age. At this age, the person is focused on determining the future path of life, profession. Examples of business ideas are:
- organization of excursions to enterprises;
- master classes, trainings on various types of activities;
- narrowly focused tutoring.
Life Support Business Options
The main feature of the niche is that requirements and needs are changing rapidly. The actual directions of development will be:
- Thrift store for children’s things. Since children grow up very quickly, parents are faced with two problems: they need to put their old clothes somewhere and take new ones somewhere. In the latter case, we are often talking about little-worn things, because they are cheaper.
- Sewing of children’s clothing. This business is aimed at those parents who want their children to wear original clothes, and can afford it.
- Rent of children’s furniture. The child should use quality furniture that is suitable for his height. Therefore, it is becoming more and more important to rent furniture for children.
- Food, balanced food. For example, you can open a children’s themed cafe with a useful menu.
Business aimed at the development of children
There can be any activity aimed at educating children (both goods and services). For example:
- tutoring studio, private specialized school, online training;
- developing games, cognitive activities;
- workshops for children on making something (various toys, in particular dolls, kites, cars, etc.).
A business aimed at entertaining children
A fairly wide area of activity – this includes everything related to entertainment, the creation of shows and festive events, games. Simple business examples:
- organization of holidays, shows, concerts, masquerades;
- scripting and development of children’s entertainment programs;
- making unique toys for gifts.
It should be borne in mind that there is a lot of competition in the field of business for children. Therefore, it is very important to analyze the market of your region, paint a business plan in detail, and offer only high-quality goods and services.
The idea of \ u200b \ u200bmaking a business for the production of children’s houses from cardboard
Observant parents noticed that their children liked nooks and crannies. Wanting to create his own personal space, the child often equips a hut or an impromptu house of pillows, chairs and blankets, someone makes habitable boxes from under TVs or refrigerators, or tries to arrange their own den in the barn.
Watching her daughter’s attempts to build her own house, one young mother from Latvia decided to please her with a cardboard lock. Her idea was realized so well that she began to receive orders from friends and acquaintances for the manufacture of the same houses. After the involvement of her husband, an engineer, thoughtful drawings were created, and the first houses were sold at the 2009-2010 New Year’s fair. Assessing the high demand for products, the couple opened their own business for children.
The specifics of such a business idea
Children’s houses made of cardboard are just starting to appear on store shelves and baby product websites. Therefore, it will not be difficult to enter the domestic market with such an idea. The main advantage of such a product is mobility, functionality, and affordable cost (cardboard houses will cost much cheaper than plastic or wooden ones, but are characterized by relative fragility).
What is important: when folded, they take up a minimum of space and are easy to transport. Therefore, they are often taken with them to the dacha or the beach so that the child has something to do. Cardboard houses can have:
- a certain design, to be made in the theme of the kid’s favorite cartoon;
- clean surfaces for those who want to decorate and decorate the house on their own. Examples of designs may be included with this option.
Starting from the age of 6, the child can assemble such a house on his own. An important advantage of organizing a business for children on cardboard houses is the fact that this is an environmentally friendly material. The product can be recycled after use. Since the business is aimed at children, take care of creating bright, attractive packaging for the house.
Before starting the production of houses, you will need to issue an IP. To do this, you should contact the tax office at your place of residence or fill out a special form on the State Services website.
After receiving the permits, you can start organizing the case. What you need to start the production of cardboard houses for children:
- Develop drawings.
- Find a quality cardboard supplier.
- Organize cutting of blanks. This can be done independently at the initial stage. But since cardboard is a rather dense material that will be difficult to cut, it would be better to purchase special equipment or give the material for cutting to a specialized workshop when production volumes increase.
- Develop design and coating options. For these purposes, it is better to hire a specialist who understands how to work with cardboard, and also understands the age preferences of children.
- Find a place to work. If you live in a large apartment or a private house, then one of the rooms can be allocated for work processes (partial assembly or packaging can be allocated to houses, etc.). Otherwise, you will need to rent a small room. It is better that it is within walking distance of a traffic intersection, not far from shopping centers or children’s stores.
The start-up capital for organizing such a business ranges from $ 500 to $ 1,000. It all depends on the scale of the activity. Alternatively, you can equip a reception-playroom for communicating with potential customers and holding presentations. The number of employees for the first time can be 1-2 people, depending on your skills and abilities. Later, you can hire technical staff, sales manager and others.
It should be understood that cardboard houses for children should be seen and tested by children – the target audience of the business, and not their parents. In order for potential buyers to know about your products, you will need to conduct competent marketing activities. Here are some standard ways:
- Advertising through entertainment centers for children, toy stores, children’s rooms in shopping centers, etc.
- Participation in exhibitions and fairs, various festive events, where children will be able to appreciate in practice the comfort of your houses and the bright decoration of the walls.
- Creation of your own website, online store, and its promotion in social. networks or through contextual advertising in the browser.
The first buyers of your products may be creative workshops and entertainment centers for children. Parents, noticing that their children really like such houses, will certainly take an interest in where they can be purchased.
To attract a customer, products must be of excellent appearance and quality. Attractiveness should be complemented by ease of installation, well-thought-out packaging, detailed instructions. Advertising costs for such a business for children can range from $ 100 to $ 1,000, depending on the size of the advertising campaign.
Such a business pays off in about 4 months, and the income is from $ 200 per month. The absence of complicated and protracted preparation, as well as minimal risks, makes such a business highly profitable.
Baby food trade business
Mothers devote a lot of time to the issue of nutrition for the child in the early stages of his life. Even before the birth of their first child, parents study complementary food materials and determine the best brand of baby food. This keen interest makes the baby food business one of the most profitable.
Where to start: basic organizational steps
To open a working business selling food for children, you will need:
- Register an individual enterprise or limited liability company. To do this, contact the tax office with a special statement. You can also fill out a form on the State Services website.
- List potential suppliers, research them and identify suitable manufacturers. It is better to give preference to large firms with a wide range of products. It will be possible to build long-term and reliable relations with them, and buyers will be attracted by the products of famous brands on the shelves.
- Choose a room. It is not necessary to rent a room in the very center of the city. Young families live in residential areas and on the outskirts. It is important to assess the number of potential buyers here, as well as the presence and proximity of competing stores in the area. The size of the premises should correspond to the planned scale of the business: the shelves should not be empty, but their excessive load will complicate the choice for the buyer.
- Purchase equipment and goods. Take care of shelves, racks, display cases, refrigerators and cash registers. A significant part of the start-up capital will be spent on purchasing food for children.
After choosing a room and registering a lease, take care of the renovation. The store should be light, clean and comfortable, and avoid clutter. You can decorate it with bright pictures or children’s toys so that the child has something to distract from while the mother chooses food. Over time, the assortment of the store can be expanded by supplementing it with hygiene products.
Initial investments for such a business range from $ 20 thousand and more.
Personnel, advertisements and other nuances
In a small shop, you can work independently, thus saving on wages. But if you only want to deal with organizational matters and promotion, you will need to hire 2 salespeople. A medium sized room will require an administrator and a technician.
To present yourself and inform potential buyers about the store opening, you can distribute printed materials, advertise on radio or television. It is better to make the opening ceremonial, to hold several drawings, to make promotional items on the first day of work. It will be good if you can focus on exclusivity: offer mothers products that are not in other stores, environmentally friendly baby food, TM from Europe, natural juices.
Such a business pays off on average in 2 years, subject to a constant flow of customers.